Privy: An easy, fast lib to password-protect your data

Chris Warrick kwpolska at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 03:27:15 EDT 2017

On 5 July 2017 at 02:39,  <ofekmeister at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, July 3, 2017 at 10:36:39 PM UTC-4, ofekm... at gmail.com wrote:
>> https://github.com/ofek/privy
>
> Bump b/c spam
> --

The person spamming right now would be you. You just posted a link,
without any explanations, any marketing blurbs, nothing.

Why would I use your tool instead of something established, that has
been properly audited — say, PGP for example? How do I know your
one-man project has no security holes, backdoors, or other
vulnerabilities? How do I know that the encryption method chosen by
you is sound? If there is no leaked data?

And I really dislike the description of your project:

> Privy is a small and fast utility for password-protecting secret data such as API keys, cryptocurrency wallets, or seeds for digital signatures.

What does “password-protecting” mean? Why is this not “encrypting”?
How do you expect this to work with API keys?

PGP: 5EAAEA16