Is shutil.get_terminal_size useless?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 11:53:43 EST 2017

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 3:44 AM, Marko Rauhamaa <marko at pacujo.net> wrote:
> Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com>:

>>> Can you give me a short Python script that effects the tweak to an ISO
>>> image? I need to run the script as a regular user.
>>
>> It'd start by mounting it somewhere, and finish by building a new ISO
>> with mkisofs, so a shell script would be more appropriate :)
>
> Mount? As a regular user?

Let me see, how much effort are you prepared to go to in order to do
this as a "regular user"... because at some point, "sudo" becomes only
one of many options, including "install another Unix system somewhere
that you are root of". But if you genuinely have to mount as a
non-root user, there's fusermount, which is often capable of loading
up an ISO.

But honestly, "ssh you at somebox" can be run by anyone, so there's
always a way around the whole not-having-root thing.

ChrisA