Is shutil.get_terminal_size useless?

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 21:53:03 EST 2017

On 2017-01-28, Marko Rauhamaa <marko at pacujo.net> wrote:

> (Although if I were to design an operating system, I don't know if I
> would bother with controlling terminals, job control or chirping
> modems.)

I've been using serial ports on Unix for 35 years, and maintaining
serial drivers for Linux for almost 20. Many days, it seems like the
tty/serial API in Unix is the rug under which all the ugly dirt got
swept...

Then I think about X.

and I guess the networking stuff gets ugly pretty fast when you look
under the hood.

It's really pretty impressive how orthogonal they did manage to make
things.

--
Grant