Using namedtuples field names for column indices in a list of lists

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 08:31:01 EST 2017

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 9:27 PM, Marko Rauhamaa <marko at pacujo.net> wrote:
> An instructive anecdote: somebody I know told me he once needed the
> definitive list of some websites. He posted a question on the relevant
> online forum, but it fell on deaf ears. After some days, he replied to
> his own posting saying he had found the list and included the list in
> his reply. He knew the list was probably not current, but it served its
> purpose: right away he got an angry response pointing out his list was
> completely wrong with a link to the up-to-date list.

There's a reason for that. Inaccurate information is worse than none
at all, because it's indistinguishable from accurate information
without deep analysis. Also, often someone won't know the correct
answer, but will recognize a wrong answer. In correcting the record,
you come a bit closer to the truth. Sometimes all it takes is one
wrong answer, and the discussion kicks off.

ChrisA