Using namedtuples field names for column indices in a list of lists

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Thu Jan 12 05:27:34 EST 2017

"Deborah Swanson" <python at deborahswanson.net>:

> I've only been on this list a few weeks, although I've seen and been
> on the receiving end of the kind of "help" that feels more like being
> sneered at than help. Not on this list, but on Linux and similar
> lists. There does seem to be a "tough love" approach to "helping"
> people,

An instructive anecdote: somebody I know told me he once needed the
definitive list of some websites. He posted a question on the relevant
online forum, but it fell on deaf ears. After some days, he replied to
his own posting saying he had found the list and included the list in
his reply. He knew the list was probably not current, but it served its
purpose: right away he got an angry response pointing out his list was
completely wrong with a link to the up-to-date list.

Marko