Clickable hyperlinks

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 20:33:28 EST 2017

On 01/09/2017 06:02 PM, Deborah Swanson wrote:
> Fair enough. I only suggested that they could have started their own
> thread, but mainly just to point out that they would have been off-topic
> if they did. I didn't demand that they do so, I just wanted them to
> think about it.

I don't see how it would be any more off-topic than your original query.
Which is to say, talking about Python's use of the console (beit a Win32
Console API window, a terminal emulator, or a PyCharm window) is on-topic.

> I also prefer a loosely controlled list, and a freewheeling list is
> ideal, but it only works well if people exercise basic politeness and
> common sense.

I agree.  Be aware that your own posts in this thread have bordered on
inflammatory on occasion.  Certainly your remark about "any educated
person would know that" could be taken in a very negative way.  I can't
remember everything I read in this thread, but I'm hard-pressed to find
examples where people were not polite to you, even though you pressed on
with certain lines of comment, especially when it was pointed out that
your question came from the wrong premise and idea of what the "console"
is.  I don't believe that someone pointing out flaws in your
understanding is inherently rude, though I think you took it as such.