Clickable hyperlinks

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 14:00:13 EST 2017

On 01/09/2017 10:27 AM, Michael Torrie wrote:
>> You can use tkinter (code
>> in a program) to make clickable links in the console,
>
> Unless you're talking about an implementation of a console or terminal
> emulator in tkinter, this is incorrect.  Tkinter does not do anything
> with standard out.

To be clearer, what I mean is that using Tkinter or some other toolkit
you can indeed place links on a GUI form or window.  But this has
nothing to do with a terminal emulator or console (meaning the display
of standard-out bytes).

Using your understanding of the word, console, Tkinter could be used to
create a console of your own that displays the output from other
processes and implements clickable hyperlinks, but Tkinter itself does
not display using standard out, and thus cannot cause a terminal
emulator or Windows console to display hyperlinks in a clickable fashion.