Work between multiple processes

Patrick Zhou zxpatric at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 14:03:13 EST 2017

On Thursday, January 5, 2017 at 5:49:46 PM UTC-5, Irmen de Jong wrote:
> On 4-1-2017 23:14, zxpatric at gmail.com wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I ran into a case that I need to create a work process of an application (Jython so has to call using java.exe) which will collect the data based on what main process indicates.
> >
> > (1) I tried multiprocessing package, no luck. Java.exe can't be called from Process class?
> >
> > (2) I tried subprocess. subprocess.communicate function will wait for the work process to terminate so to return.
> >

> > either (1) or (2) doesn't work out well. Please suggest.  Global system queue?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Patrick.
> >

> Is it a requirement that the workdf process is also Jython?
>
> If not: you could spawn a Python subprocess that hosts a Pyro4 daemon.
> Utilizing the Pyrolite java client library you can call methods in it from the
> java/jython side.  (Unfortunately it is not yet possible (due to jython
> incompatibilities) to use the full Pyro4 library on the Jython side as well).
> Not sure if it meets your set of requirements but have a look at
> http://pythonhosted.org/Pyro4/
> http://pythonhosted.org/Pyro4/pyrolite.html
>

> Irmen

Thanks Irmen. I think that could be the solution I am looking for. The main process will be native python so it can be used to host a pyro daemon even with lock. The jython will be a subprocess that takes the daemon's uri and use the pyrolite library to make the communication. The only trouble is that I will have to involve two more java libraries but I don't think it is a big of deal. Will try it and post the source code if possible.