Work between multiple processes

Irmen de Jong irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 5 17:49:35 EST 2017

On 4-1-2017 23:14, zxpatric at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I ran into a case that I need to create a work process of an application (Jython so has to call using java.exe) which will collect the data based on what main process indicates.
>
> (1) I tried multiprocessing package, no luck. Java.exe can't be called from Process class?
>
> (2) I tried subprocess. subprocess.communicate function will wait for the work process to terminate so to return.
>

> either (1) or (2) doesn't work out well. Please suggest.  Global system queue?
>
> Thanks,
> Patrick.

Is it a requirement that the workdf process is also Jython?

If not: you could spawn a Python subprocess that hosts a Pyro4 daemon.
Utilizing the Pyrolite java client library you can call methods in it from the
java/jython side.  (Unfortunately it is not yet possible (due to jython
incompatibilities) to use the full Pyro4 library on the Jython side as well).
Not sure if it meets your set of requirements but have a look at
http://pythonhosted.org/Pyro4/
http://pythonhosted.org/Pyro4/pyrolite.html

Irmen