Python for WEB-page !?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 19:48:30 EST 2017

On 01/05/2017 05:57 AM, Ionut Predoiu wrote:
> Good afternoon,
>
> I am a beginner in programming language. I want to know what version
> of Python I must to learn to use, beside of basic language, because I
> want to integrate in my site 1 page in which users to can made
> calculus based on my formulas already write behind (the users will
> only complete some field, and after push "Calculate" button will see
> the results in form of: table, graphic, and so on ...). Please take
> into account that behind will be more mathematical
> equations/formulas, so the speed I think must be take into account.

While Python can do that, using a web framework to process HTTP requests
and generate HTML to display in the browser, I don't believe Python is
the appropriate language for the task at hand.  Most web sites that do
interactive formula calculations like you describe do it all in the
browser using Javascript.  No need to have a web server do all that
heavy lifting at all.  A simple html file would contain everything you need.

Even if you want to use Python to generate the web page and process
events, you'll still have to master Javascript at some point to make the
webpages more interactive.