Python for WEB-page !?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 19:41:49 EST 2017

On 01/05/2017 04:53 PM, Victor Porton wrote:
> Ionut Predoiu wrote:
>
>> I am a beginner in programming language.
>> I want to know what version of Python I must to learn to use, beside of
>> basic language, because I want to integrate in my site 1 page in which
>> users to can made calculus based on my formulas already write behind (the
>> users will only complete some field, and after push "Calculate" button
>> will see the results in form of: table, graphic, and so on ...). Please
>> take into account that behind will be more mathematical
>> equations/formulas, so the speed I think must be take into account.
>
> Consider PyPi. I never used it, but they say, it is faster than usual
> CPython interpreter.

With respect, I don't think it's appropriate to direct a python beginner
to PyPi.  Far better to direct him to the relevant resources (like
Django) and focus him on the standard Python interpreter, hopefully
version 3.

Besides that, there's the old expression. Premature optimization is the
root of all evil.  Until Python is shown to be too slow for a given
task, it's premature to think about speedups like Cython or even PyPi.