Clickable hyperlinks

D'Arcy Cain darcy at vex.net
Wed Jan 4 22:24:35 EST 2017

On 2017-01-04 07:07 PM, Deborah Swanson wrote:
> D'Arcy Cain wrote, on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 5:03 AM
>> In all the messages in this thread I still don't understand what this
>> "teensy advantage" is supposed to be.  Do you want to be able
>> to do this:
>>
>>    make_web_link(http://...)
>>
>> instead of:
>>
>>    make_web_link("http://...")

[...]

> Is make_web_link("http://...") valid python code? That's exactly the

It's just a made up name.  My point was that the first was syntactically
incorrect and the second, while not a real method, was at least parseable.

I think I saw someone else mention this but it bears repeating.  When
you ask a question make sure you are presenting the problem and not your
solution to a secret problem.  Always tell us the actual problem you are
trying to solve.  You will get much better answers.

Think of it this way.  You drop a ring down a drain.  You can ask two
questions, "How do I remove a drain trap?" or "How do I recover a ring
that I dropped down the drain?"  If you ask the first question you will
get lots of advice on tools and buckets, etc.  People will assume that
the drain is blocked.  Ask the second question and someone might mention
a magnet and a piece of string.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
System Administrator, Vex.Net