Hey, I'm new to python so don't judge.

Erik python at lucidity.plus.com
Tue Jan 3 09:35:34 EST 2017

On 04/01/17 02:24, Callum Robinson wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 3:05:48 PM UTC+13, MRAB wrote:
>> What values can 'is_same' return?
>>
>> Which of those values are you checking for in the loop?
>
> I'm sorry but i do not completely understand what you are stating

You need to think about the specific things (their type, their exact values)
that your functions might return. Printing some trace output is a classic way
of debugging your program. If, after this line:

... you added:

print (higher_or_lower)

... what values do you then see being output? How will those values be
processed by the conditions you see that work on the "higher_or_lower"
variable?

E.