asyncio does not always show the full traceback

Frank Millman frank at chagford.com
Tue Feb 28 09:01:40 EST 2017

Hi all

I use asyncio in my project, so most of my functions start with 'async' and
most of my calls are preceded by 'await'.

If an exception is raised, I usually get the full traceback, but sometimes I
just get something like the following -

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\User\aib\aib\test_data.py", line 645, in <module>
    loop.run_until_complete(main(company))
  File
"C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\lib\asyncio\base_events.py",
line 466, in run_until_complete
    return future.result()
ValueError: not enough values to unpack (expected 2, got 1)

It does not show the line where the ValueError occurs, and I have not
managed to narrow down exactly when this happens.

Does anyone know what I must change to get the full traceback?

Frank Millman