Python failed... Repeatedly

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Feb 28 01:31:05 EST 2017

On 2/27/2017 11:16 PM, Jarod Nash wrote:
> I have just started into python and this was my first time setting up my
> own software. I ended up with pycharm and chose the python 3.6 or whatever
> translator. Every time I run my hello world program I get the message
> "invalid translator" and I get several pop ups giving me the options of

This are not a CPython messages or behavior, so must be coming from PyCharm.

> custom set up, repair, or uninstall I have tried custom set up a few times
> and repair multiple times and even have gotten successful repairs even and
> next time I hit test it goes right back to where it was. Finally I was
> given the information for this from selecting the correct options in the
> pop ups. Does anyone have suggestions and can someone confirm that pycharm
> uses cpython instead of anaconda or jython ect. Please? Because I am taking
> a cpython course.
>
> P.s. I have tried visual studio, and like 3 other softwares and none of
> them had a successful download, and I have windows 10 but am looking into
> ubuntu.

I run standard CPython 3.6 installed on Win 10 with the standard Windows
installer from python.org and have no such problems.  The same has been
mostly true for previous python and windows versions for 20 years. I
recommend that you start with that and forget PyCharm, etc., until you
have Python running on your machine.

--
Terry Jan Reedy