Python application launcher (for Python code)

Rob Gaddi rgaddi at highlandtechnology.invalid
Tue Feb 21 13:14:00 EST 2017

On 02/20/2017 06:16 PM, Deborah Swanson wrote:

 > [snip lots about using Windows but rather be
 > using Linux but not wanting to have to spend lots of
 > energy switching right now]

You know, I'm always reluctant to recommend it, because it can
definitely get you tied in knots.  But you're about the ideal candidate
for looking into https://www.cygwin.com/

When my primary PC had to be Windows I used it fairly successfully for
years.  It works quite well for many things, and can be bullied into
working well enough for others.  It will probably do what you seem like
you might want, which is a functioning shell under Windows, and yes it
works all the way back to XP.  At the low low price of free, you'll
definitely get your money's worth.