How to access installed scripts on Windows?

ddbug pavel.aronsky at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 15:38:12 EST 2017

I am very perplexed by inability to tell the Windows installer (bdist_wininst or pip) where to install scripts (or "entry points").

By default (and I don't see other options) scripts go to
%USERPROFILE%/Appdata/Roaming/Python/Scripts.

Ok. Now what? How the user is going to call these scripts: add this location to PATH? Then, should I add a custom script for this into the bdist_wininst installer?  It looks like the "py" launcher does not help to find scripts that are installed into that per-user location.

What is the "best known good" method to easily run scripts installed in per-user location, from command line (aka "dos window") ?

Thanks,
Pavel A