Please tell me how to execute python file in Ubuntu by double

Rhodri James rhodri at kynesim.co.uk
Thu Dec 14 06:53:48 EST 2017

On 14/12/17 07:25, Chris Angelico wrote:
> So it's an imperfect solution even as far as it goes, and a highly
> limiting way to do things. I'm sure it made good sense back when
> MS-DOS file systems ruled the Windows world, and 8.3 was just the way
> of things.

Even then there was RiscOS, which divorced file names from file types
entirely.  A file's type was part of its directory data, and that was
what determined what happened when you double-clicked on it.  You were
still limited to only one default application (and icon, and so on) per
file type, so OS/2 still wins on that front, but I always felt that
having names determine types was somehow mucky.

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd