Benefits of unicode identifiers (was: Allow additional

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Sat Dec 9 20:45:45 EST 2017

On Sat, 9 Dec 2017 09:57 am, Gilmeh Serda wrote:

> And next demands to allow Unicode as keywords in a translated version of
> Python
>  will make open source go away. For good.

Do you seriously think that because *one* project forks their code base and
introduces non-English keywords, the tens of hundreds of thousands of other
projects (including *enormous* projects like the Linux kernel, LibreOffice,
Apache, Mozilla, etc) will all say "well, that's it, we're shutting down"?

--
Steve
enough, things got worse.