we want python software

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Wed Dec 6 05:35:22 EST 2017

On Wed, 6 Dec 2017 02:49 pm, Rustom Mody wrote:

> You are assuming that the strangeness of the request is about 'tech'
> [engineering/tech existed centuries before computers]
>
> Do remember one can be a tech-{student,professional} without
> - ever having encountered free-software
> - internet/USENET culture
>
> … from which pov the request would not look so odd

So you're suggesting that rather than being unwilling to google for "Download
Python" because he doesn't understand free software culture, the OP is
unwilling to google for "Download Python" because he thinks it is proprietary
software and wants a bunch of strangers on the Internet to send him a pirate
copy?

I'm not entirely sure that's better...

--
Steve