we want python software

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Wed Dec 6 04:35:20 EST 2017

On Wed, 6 Dec 2017 03:45 pm, Abhiram R wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 10:08 AM, km <srikrishnamohan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I dont know how these students are selected into b tech stream in India.
>> they are so dumb. All they know is a to open a program we need to double
>> click it and it runs.
>>
>> We were all once "dumb". We learnt it because someone Taught us.

Since you're so open to being corrected, let me remind you to read your posts
before sending. Somehow you managed to introduce an extra > quote marker at
the beginning of your own comment, (the line starting "We were all once...").
Check it out here:

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2017-December/729112.html

and you will see that your comment is quoted, as if it were written by the
person you are replying to.

(Normally I wouldn't bother mentioning something so trivial, but since you
make the excellent point that we don't learn to correct mistakes unless we
have them pointed out, I thought I'd do so.)

> I'd rather not entertain such or refrain from condescending replies

I think you have misunderstood the word "condescending".

It is condescending to assume that the OP, Jyothiswaroop Reddy, is a fragile
and delicate little hothouse flower that needs protecting from reality where
people will tell you "Don't be so lazy and don't waste our time".

I prefer to expect more of people and let them meet my expectations, than to
downgrade my expectations and coddle them into a spiral of lower and lower
competence and ability.

(By the way Rustom, if you're reading, thank you for that link to the video a
few weeks ago about teaching 2 + 2 = 22. My blood pressure just about doubled
watching it.)

--
Steve
enough, things got worse.