How to upload to Pythonhosted.org

waylan waylan.limberg at icloud.com
Mon Dec 4 19:55:16 EST 2017

After asking here, I found a mailing list post here:
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/distutils-sig/2015-May/026381.html

That post outlines a roadmap for shutting down pythonhosted. Unfortunately, it
seems that they skipped from step 1 to step 5 without bothering with steps 2,
3, & 4.

In any event, that list discussion seems to be the official word that things
are being shut down, which was what I was looking for.  It's unfortunate that
things weren't done more smoothly.

Also it seems that if you want to avoid search results showing up for the
pythonhosted content after you find a new host, they at least provide a way to
"delete" the content from pyhtonhosted. That way, Google will stop indexing it
and stop including it in search results. Unfortunately, all the existing links
across the internet are now dead with no way to redirect people.

Waylan