numpy not working any more

dieter dieter at handshake.de
Tue Aug 15 01:28:19 EDT 2017

Poul Riis <priisdk at gmail.com> writes:
> For some time I have been using python 3.6.0 on a windows computer.
> Suddenly, my numpy does not work any more.
> This one-liner program:
> import numpy as np
> results in the long error message below.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\Users\pr\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\lib\site-packages\numpy\core\__init__.py", line 16, in <module>
>     from . import multiarray
> ImportError: DLL load failed: Den angivne procedure blev ikke fundet.

Apparently, the module "multiarry" is implemented in a separate
DLL (= "Dynamically Loaded Library") and loading this DLL failed.

There can be several reasons for such a failure, among others:

 * the DLL is missing

 * the DLL is corrupted

 * the DLL depends on something which is missing or corrupted

 * there is a version mismatch (e.g. between the DLL and the Python
   trying to load it)

An initial step could be to try to reinstall "numpy" and
see whether the problem goes away.