[SOLVED] Re: Firebird 1.5 and Python 3.4 - is this possible?

Nagy László Zsolt gandalf at shopzeus.com
Thu Aug 10 02:45:16 EDT 2017

To answer my own question:

- You can convert a firebird 1.5 database into 2.5 with this tool:
http://gsbelarus.com/gs/fdbconvert/fdbconvert_eng.html

- You can install firebird 2.5 instead of 1.5. Old BDE based program
will still work with it, because the Firebird 2.5 server can talk with a
1.5 client.

- The official fdb module (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/fdb right now at
version 1.7) can be used from Python 3, and it works with Firebird 2.5

Problem solved!