Firebird 1.5 and Python 3.4 - is this possible?

Nagy László Zsolt gandalf at shopzeus.com
Tue Aug 8 02:21:41 EDT 2017

  Hi!

I have an old HIS program written in Delphi. It uses Firebird 1.5
database. I need to make an interface to exchange data with other
healthcare providers. I do not want to do this in Delphi, that is
ancient code. It is also not an option to rewrite the whole program from
scratch. I just need to add a service that runs in the background and
sends/receives data.

Is it possible to somehow connect and use firebird 1.5 database from
Python 3? I have tried kinterbasdb with no luck. There are a number of
firebird libraries out there, but none of them seems to support firebird
1.5.

Does anyone know a library that can do this?

Thanks,

   Laszlo