Bigotry and hate speech on the python mailing list

Rurpy rurpy at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 20 14:28:48 EDT 2017

On 04/17/2017 03:39 AM, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
>[...]

I meant to respond to this earlier but forgot to.  I'll respond
to the following part now since there seems to be some confusion
about my motives/intent.

> In my experience, the bar for banning participants is pretty high, and
> rightly so. Careless statements, insults or bigotry haven't been enough,
> but repeated, personal harassment of an individual have resulted in
> action.

I agree it should be high.  I did not ask for or expect any banning
to occur and would oppose any such a proposal.  However, a public
note that use of such stereotypes are offensive and not consistent
with the PSFs CoC/Diversity statement, a friendly reminder that the
community frowns of that kind of expression regardless of the status
of the person who made it, would be help maintain a common standard
of posting decency.