Bigotry (you win, I give up)

Rurpy rurpy at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 20 14:24:35 EDT 2017

On 04/20/2017 09:25 AM, Rustom Mody wrote:
>[...]
> No one seems to have noticed who Rurpy is defending : Ranting Rick and Bart.
> Sheesh!
> A rhinocerous would have gossamer skin compared to these 'gentlemen'
> Sheesh² !

You are mistaken.  I am not defending Rick or Bart both of whom I am
well aware are capable of speaking for themselves.

As I said in my first post,
  "if you are going to have a CoC, it must be applied even-handedly."

> Also the obligatory Voltaire quote is: “I disapprove of what you say, but I will
> defend to the death your right to say It”

As I said (not that I am comparing myself to Voltaire)

| This is why you cannot create a forum where no offense is given
| to anyone.  The best you can try to do is try to find some *tradeoff*
| that *balances* freedom of expression and offense.

If you think the current balance should be changed, fine.

My point is simply that whatever balance is chosen, it should apply
to all participants equally.