Bigotry and hate speech on the python mailing list

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Apr 17 18:23:34 EDT 2017

Paul Rubin <no.email at nospam.invalid> writes:

> Rurpy <rurpy at yahoo.com> writes:
> > A couple weeks ago a frequent poster here (Steve D'Aprano
> > <steve+python at pearwood.info>) called another participant an "ugly
> > american"
>
> Oh stop trolling.

Paul, that is uncalled for. The charge of bigotry is not to be lightly
dismissed, and we do want to foster an environment here where people
will feel welcome.

> Steven, please try to be a little more attentive to people's delicate
> feefees in the future. Rurpy, should that take care of it?

No, that doesn't do it. Taking care of people's feelings is an essential
part of keeping a community healthy and welcoming, and your belittling
does not help with that.

--
 \            “Choose mnemonic identifiers. If you can't remember what |
  `\                mnemonic means, you've got a problem.” —Larry Wall |