Text-mode apps (Was :Who are the "spacists"?)

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Sun Apr 2 12:26:40 EDT 2017

On Sun, 2 Apr 2017 04:41 pm, Terry Reedy wrote:

> On 4/1/2017 12:00 PM, Steve D'Aprano wrote:
>
>> example of the Ugly American.
>
> As an American I resent your promotion and perpetuation of an ugly
> ethno-centric stereotype.

I'm glad you didn't try to describe it as a *unfair* or *unjustified*
stereotype, because (let's face it) after November 8th 2016, that simply
wouldn't fly.

Not all Americans, perhaps not even a majority or a plurality, are Ugly
Americans, but there are enough of them to screw it up for everyone else.

It's an ugly stereotype, not because it is a stereotype, but because it
embodies a set of ugly attitudes and behaviours.

--
Steve
enough, things got worse.