Text-mode apps (Was :Who are the "spacists"?)

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Sun Apr 2 00:29:39 EDT 2017

On Sun, 2 Apr 2017 12:42 pm, Rick Johnson wrote:

> On Saturday, April 1, 2017 at 9:18:14 PM UTC-5, Steve D'Aprano wrote:
> [...]
>> Even India has a literacy rate of 74%, which is not far off
>> the functional literacy rate in the US of 86%.
>>
>> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/06/illiteracy-rate_n_3880355.html
>
> And your source is the HuffPo? Seriously?

No. My sources are the National Assessment of Adult Literacy, and the U.S.
Department of Education. HuffPo is just the middle man reporting the facts.

Hint: in the HuffPo article, you will see underlined phrases. These are
called "hyperlinks", or just "links", and clicking on some of them will
take you to the original source of the data.

>> The necessary encoding exists. Its called Unicode.
>
> Great. Now let the evolutionary forces of the free market
> decide if it will live or die. Why do you feel compelled to
> intervene in this natural process?

I'm just as much a part of the "evolutionary forces of the free market" as
you. If you're allowed to complain about people using Unicode and loudly
rant about how its not necessary, I'm allowed to disagree.

--
Steve
enough, things got worse.