SOAP XML webserver in Python/Django

dieter dieter at handshake.de
Fri Sep 30 02:27:09 EDT 2016

ivan77 <ivanjankovic777777 at gmail.com> writes:
> I currently have a need to setup a webserver on one of our internal servers that is going to send and receive XML SOAP responses to an external company through a VPN.
>
> It seems like something that I could use python (maybe even Django) for.  However, even though I have been using Python and Django for a while now, I am unsure of whether this is a good idea to implement, since there seems to be some question about whether there are good maintained libraries to use and I am unfamiliar with if there are added complexities with SOAP that I have to deal with.  It looks like pretty standard XML to me wrapped in an extra layer of meta data.
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/206154/what-soap-client-libraries-exist-for-python-and-where-is-the-documentation-for?rq=1

You may have a look at "spyne".

It can generate WSDL 1.1 interface descriptions and supports SOAP 1.1
(among others).

Its maintainer (burak.arslan) is very active and reacts quickly
to problems and questions (in the "soap at python.org" or "people at spyne.io"
mailing lists).

A look at "PyPI" seems to indicate, that there are solutions
which facilitate using "django" as a SOAP server
(e.g. "https://pypi.python.org/pypi/django-soap-server/0.0.0").