SOAP XML webserver in Python/Django

ivan77 ivanjankovic777777 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 11:20:28 EDT 2016

Hi All,

I currently have a need to setup a webserver on one of our internal servers that is going to send and receive XML SOAP responses to an external company through a VPN.

It seems like something that I could use python (maybe even Django) for.  However, even though I have been using Python and Django for a while now, I am unsure of whether this is a good idea to implement, since there seems to be some question about whether there are good maintained libraries to use and I am unfamiliar with if there are added complexities with SOAP that I have to deal with.  It looks like pretty standard XML to me wrapped in an extra layer of meta data.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/206154/what-soap-client-libraries-exist-for-python-and-where-is-the-documentation-for?rq=1

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Also, any good Python based job boards in the Toronto area would be greatly appreciated too.

Regards
Ivan