Nested for loops and print statements

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Wed Sep 28 00:20:12 EDT 2016

On Wednesday 28 September 2016 12:48, Larry Hudson wrote:

> As they came through in the newsgroup, BOTH run correctly, because both
> versions had leading spaces only.
> (I did a careful copy/paste to check this.)

Copying and pasting from the news client may not be sufficient to show what
whitespace is actually used. For example, I use KNode, the KDE news client on
Linux, and for me, KNode converts tabs to spaces.

(If this is configurable, I don't know how.)

BUT if I choose the following menu command:

View > View Source

I see the raw, unmodified message as posted by the OP, complete with tabs and
spaces.

> READ the error messages, they are important!

Indeed.

And *believe* the error messages.

--
Steven
git gets easier once you get the basic idea that branches are homeomorphic