sphinx (or other means to document python)

chitturk at uah.edu chitturk at uah.edu
Sat Sep 24 21:20:15 EDT 2016

On Sunday, September 11, 2016 at 3:56:36 PM UTC-5, chit... at uah.edu wrote:
(about being frustrated with sphinx)

I _remain_ frustrated - even as I finally figured out how to use it (thanks to a complete example from a friend)

sphinx is very picky about spaces, lines - I had a line with some math formula spaces and tabs (after r''' - and sphinx kept ignoring that line

when it works, the documentation (my preference is LaTeX) is great - the procedure for embedding the documentation as doctrings can be difficult, at times

noweb is considerably simpler - but does not allow for the extraction
of docstrings/comments - and does provide for a fairly painless way to combine comments, documentation along with code