Mysterious Logging Handlers

John Gordon gordon at panix.com
Fri Sep 9 14:29:20 EDT 2016

In <247db0ab-efe7-484b-a418-dd219f68a8e5 at googlegroups.com> Josh English <Joshua.R.English at gmail.com> writes:

> When I run the scriptI get logging information from only xlreader, not
> from the main script:

> DEBUG:XLREADER:Creating Excel Reader

> This format isn't defined anywhere.

That is the default logging format; it's used when you haven't supplied any
format of your own.  The snippet of xlreader.py does not define any format,
so it seems like that's where it's coming from.

(This seems pretty straightforward; am I missing something?)

--
John Gordon                   A is for Amy, who fell down the stairs
gordon at panix.com              B is for Basil, assaulted by bears