What you can do about legalese nonsense on email (was: How to split value where is comma ?)

Lew Pitcher lew.pitcher at digitalfreehold.ca
Thu Sep 8 18:07:46 EDT 2016

On Thursday September 8 2016 17:17, in comp.lang.python, "Joaquin Alzola"
<Joaquin.Alzola at lebara.com> wrote:

> Hi Ben
>
> Thanks for the advice.
>
>> * Complain
>
> Basically what all comes down is to complain. I wonder if in a company of
> 80,000 people I will manage to change that behaviour.

Why don't you, at least, include a "signature" line at the end of /your/ text.
That way, the automatically-added "confidentiality clause" will end up
appended to the signature. Since many news readers discard or suppress
display of the signature, the "confidentiality clause" won't be as much of an
issue.

> This email is
> confidential and may be subject to privilege. If you are not the intended
> recipient, please do not copy or disclose its content but contact the sender
> immediately upon receipt.

A signature begins with a line consisting only of two hyphens followed by a
space. Any lines that follow that line are considered to be part of the
signature.

--
Lew Pitcher
"In Skills, We Trust"