manually sorting images?

Christian Gollwitzer auriocus at gmx.de
Sun Sep 4 11:37:16 EDT 2016

Am 04.09.16 um 10:53 schrieb Ulli Horlacher:
> I need to sort images (*.jpg), visually, not by file name.
> It looks, there is no standard UNIX tool for this job?
>
> So, I have to write one by myself, using Tkinter.
>
> Are there any high-level widgets which can help me, for example a file
> browser with thumbnails?

There is an example file browser that comes with tktreectrl:

http://tktreectrl.sourceforge.net/pics/imovie.png

Not sure, if there are (good) Python bindings to tktreectrl.
I've written such a beast myself in pure Tcl/Tk (with an extension to
resize images for the thumbnails):

	http://auriocus.de/slideshow/

- maybe it helps.

	Christian