pip3 : command not found

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Oct 30 21:46:33 EDT 2016

Vishal Subbiah <subbiahvishal at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,

(Please don't top-post in responses. Instead, post your responses
interleaved with only the quoted material you are responding to
<URL:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Interleaved_style>.)

> Thanks Ben for the response. I followed your suggestion and this is
> what i get:
>
> "python3 -m pip3 install LoremIpsum
> /usr/local/opt/python3/bin/python3.5: No module named pip3"

Do you know of anything which should provide a module named ‘pip3’? I
don't know of any distribution which makes such a module available for
import, so unless you know it's available you shouldn't expect it.

> "python3 -m pip install LoremIpsum
> /usr/local/opt/python3/bin/python3.5: No module named pip"
>
> How do I fix this?

You have revealed that the Python 3 interpreter at that path does not
have a ‘pip’ module. That's a problem, but should be easily solved
<URL:https://docs.python.org/3/library/ensurepip.html>.

--
 \     “Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so far as |
  `\         society is free to use the results.” —Richard M. Stallman |