Python Shell in Russian exists/possible??

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Tue Oct 11 12:53:41 EDT 2016

On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 10:33 pm, Андрей Логунов wrote:

> I need the Python Shell for use in education (turtle graphics, etc.), but
> the UI must be localized in the Russian language. The question is if it's
> at all possible to feed the strings in or rebuild it or...

Yes it is possible, but it is probably a lot of work.

There are at least two projects for localising Python into non-English. One
is a "toy" project, just to show that it can be done:

http://www.fiber-space.de/EasyExtend/doc/teuton/teuton.htm

but I understand that the second is quite serious:

http://www.chinesepython.org/english/english.html

or at least was very serious a few years ago. Unfortunately I don't know if
it is still maintained.

--
Steve
enough, things got worse.