Solid Approach For Creating A Desktop Application

Mahan Marwat mahanmarwat at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 00:53:19 EDT 2016

I want to know what will be your approach creating a solid/reliable application in Python?
i.e
1. Which GUI framework will you use i.e PyQT or what? (will you make it work removing the window default border)
2. What will you use for it's style/appearance i.e CSS or what?
3. Which tool will you use to make an executable of your application i.e Py2exe or what?
4. Which tool will you use to make an installable of your application i.e Nsis or what?
My approach: Python --> PyGTK --> Cx_Freeze --> Nsis
And last and important question, does your application will work smoothly and will not crash?
If I am missing something like testing your application etc... Please mention those things too.
I want to know a full method of creating a solid desktop application.