Passing Variable to Function

John McKenzie davros at bellaliant.net
Fri Oct 7 15:06:54 EDT 2016

 Brendan and Alister, thank you both for responding.

 I am very inexperienced with python, but not new to computers so on my
own I realized the strings vs number mistake. (I seem to work with and
learn about Python for a few weeks at a time with 6 to 12 months in
between. Need to change that and focus on it for awhile.) After my first
error I removed the quotation marks from my variables knowing that
strings vs numbers was involved. I copied and pasted from my original
script when I showed it to you. Opps. Anyway, I had no idea how to expand
tuples nor that it was not done automatically.

 Thank you you both for sharing that info. After making variables numbers
by removing the quotes and putting an asterisk in front of my colour1,
colour2, etc variables whenever I passed them to a function in order to
expand them, the error messages disappeared. It appears to work just fine
now.

 Thanks.