BeautifulSoup help !!

Navneet Siddhant desolate.soul.me at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 12:27:32 EDT 2016

On Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 9:42:47 PM UTC+5:30, Steve D'Aprano wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Oct 2016 02:30 am, alister wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 06 Oct 2016 08:22:05 -0700, desolate.soul.me wrote:
> >
> >> So I've just started up with python and an assignment was given to me by
> >> a company as an recruitment task.
> >>
> > so by your own admission you have just started with python yet you
> > consider your self suitable for employment?
>
> What's your problem Alister? Do you think that junior devs aren't allowed to
> ask for help?
>
> Desolate.Soul.Me has either applied for a job, and their interview test
> is "do this task using Python", or he's been accepted in a new job, and the
> same applies.
>
> Whether it's a learning exercise, a test of skill + initiative, or actual
> work given to a junior developer, Desolate.Soul.Me is perfectly entitled to
> ask for help.
>
> This isn't some artificially constrained academic homework, with stupidly
> strict and hypocritical rules about so-called "plagiarism". This is the
> real world where you take all the help you can get and you shouldn't feel
> ashamed for asking for help. ESPECIALLY in the open source world, including
> Python, where one of the community values is to share expertise.
>
> My own employer has hired plenty of junior developers and given them
> relatively minor tasks to do as a learning exercise. We're not going to
> trust a junior developer with a critical piece of code, but we might say:
>
>     "Scrape this website. Use Python. Here's the Python For Beginners
>     book. Here's the Python documentation, and a few more forums where
>     you can ask for help. If you get stuck, and aren't getting useful
>     answers from the forums, you can ask Lisa. But not today, as she's
>     busy doing a critical release and can't be disturbed."
>

> P.S. Desolate.Soul.Me, you might be taken a bit more seriously if you give a
> name, or at least a moniker or nick-name which is easier for others to
> refer to you by. It doesn't have to be your birthname, or legal name. What
> do your friends and workmates call you?
>

> I don't know Beautiful Soup, so I'm afraid I can't help.
>

> --
> Steve
> “Cheer up,” they said, “things could be worse.” So I cheered up, and sure
> enough, things got worse.

Yes ... Im allowed to take help as this group and python forums and other links were suggested to me by them. Have been trying since morning not getting the desired results , posted here as last resort .. and Im ok if I dont find what m seeking.  Though m getting close , lets see what I could achieve.