Assignment versus binding

Gregory Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Oct 5 17:58:06 EDT 2016

BartC wrote:
> This is exactly why I persist with my own language implementations. My
> current one is only 1/5000th the size but standard libraries are included!)

You might like to try a different Haskell implementation,
such as Hugs:

https://wiki.haskell.org/Hugs

According to the web page, it comes with most of the same
libraries as ghc. It's based on an older version of the
Haskell standard, though, so I'm not sure if it's up to
date with modern practice regarding monads, etc.

Hugs is what I used last time I messed around with functional
programming, and it seemed to work very nicely. I don't
remember exactly how big it was, but it certainly wasn't
measured in gigabytes! That's just ridiculous.

--
Greg