User Interface Suggestions? (newbie)

alister alister.ware at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 5 09:55:26 EDT 2016

On Wed, 05 Oct 2016 06:10:05 -0700, Beverly Howard wrote:

> I'm new to Python, but have three decades of experience with FoxPro and
> VFP plus I started programming in Basic and still comfortable with that.
>
> I have spent some time with Python and am now fairly familiar with the
> syntax and functions, but building a user interface has me stopped.
>
> A primary question would be, "What are options for building a display
> that would update displayed values without scrolling?"
>
> My first goal is to build a program that would interface with a
> Raspberry Pi to control a heating process.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Beverly Howard

if it is a pi controlling the system I would tend towards controlling it
from a wb page via the network. to keep it updating would require AJAX
style programming of the web page.

if you have a monitor keyboard etc.. attached to the pi & want to use it
directly there are a number of GUI tool-kits available
tkinter being in the std library but possibly also the most limited

--
"Innovation, innovate, and the concept of doing what everyone else did 20
 years ago are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Other

	- James Simmons