A question about sprite rendering in game development

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Tue Nov 15 17:37:53 EST 2016

On Wed, 16 Nov 2016 08:57 am, shadecelebi wrote:

> I'm still quite new to python, but I have a concern. I want to learn
> python for game development, but I need to know if python is capable of
> rendering, let's say 50 animated character sprites, at once without
> lagging.

Absolutely. For something like that, I suggest you look at PyGame. You do
all the game programming and logic in Python, and the underlying game
engine (including drawing the sprites) is based on fast C and assembly
code. It supports multiple backends, including opengl, directx, windib,
X11, linux frame buffer, and even ASCII art.

http://www.pygame.org/
http://www.pygame.org/wiki/about

--
Steve