A question about sprite rendering in game development

shadecelebi lake.honrich at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 16:57:14 EST 2016

I'm still quite new to python, but I have a concern. I want to learn python for game development, but I need to know if python is capable of rendering, let's say 50 animated character sprites, at once without lagging.

if anyone's ever played the epic war game series then you should have an idea of what I'm trying to create. in short, I need several different types of characters to be under the players command while there are several of each character and each of them also need to be able to react to their envoirment (being able to notice when an opponent is in front of them)

is all of this possible in python without massive lagg??