Web Scraping

Veek M vek.m1234 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 07:07:34 EST 2016

121sukha wrote:

> I am new to python and I want to use web scraping to download songs
> from website. how do I write code to check if the website has uploaded
> a new song and have that song automatically be downloaded onto my
> computer. I know how to use the requests.get() module but i am more
> interested in knowing how to download and save every new song that the
> website uploads on the site. I would extremely appreciate the help
> from anyone. Thanks!

What you're doing is illegal but Youtube/websites have a lot of stuff up
that's easily accessible - the moral issue seems ambiguous especially if
you use adblocker..

Check for a RSS feed (orange icon thingy) or maybe hash (md5) the page
contents(html) and compare against your previous run? Also check out the
etree module for extracting links and other useful data reliably.