Reporting a Bug

dieter dieter at handshake.de
Sat Nov 12 04:13:52 EST 2016

Vidyalakshmi Rao <vivabs at gmail.com> writes:
> *Issue: Spyder hangs in instances while iterating over a list containing
> rows with nothing in it.*
>

>     for eachinfo in range(len(textlist)): #remove non-ASCII characters from
> the textlist
>         textlist[eachinfo] = re.sub(r'[^\x00-\x7F]+','', textlist[eachinfo])
>
> This results in a list *textlist*, which contains some rows with nothing in
> it.

With "row with nothing in it", you mean "row containing the empty string"?

> When such a list is iterated over (as below), Spyder hangs indefinitely.
>
>     for item in textlist:
>         print item
>
> While debugging through Spyder (Ctrl+F5), it hangs indefinitely. But, if we
> just run(F5), executes without a glitch.
> Am i doing something wrong or is it a bug? Is it related to Spyder?
> I am a novice to Python. Please direct me if this is not a Python issue but
> an Anaconda issue.

I do not know "Sypder" (nor "Anaconda"). However, your observation does not
indicate a Python problem. For a Python problem, the "run(F5)" should
misbehave as well.

Maybe, the question will get better answers on an "Anaconda" mailing list?