Reporting a Bug

Vidyalakshmi Rao vivabs at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 21:11:29 EST 2016

Hi,

System Specification:

2.7.7 |Anaconda custom (64-bit)| (default, Jun 11 2014, 10:40:02) [MSC
v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)]

*Issue: Spyder hangs in instances while iterating over a list containing
rows with nothing in it.*

    for eachinfo in range(len(textlist)): #remove non-ASCII characters from
the textlist
        textlist[eachinfo] = re.sub(r'[^\x00-\x7F]+','', textlist[eachinfo])

This results in a list *textlist*, which contains some rows with nothing in
it. When such a list is iterated over (as below), Spyder hangs indefinitely.

    for item in textlist:
        print item

While debugging through Spyder (Ctrl+F5), it hangs indefinitely. But, if we
just run(F5), executes without a glitch.
Am i doing something wrong or is it a bug? Is it related to Spyder?
I am a novice to Python. Please direct me if this is not a Python issue but
an Anaconda issue.

Thanks,
Vidya.