[Theory] How to speed up python code execution / pypy vs GPU

BartC bc at freeuk.com
Wed Nov 9 20:32:42 EST 2016

On 10/11/2016 01:16, BartC wrote:

> I suppose I can get rid of the prints for the test I wanted to do, or
> find out how to do the same thing under Py2 print. Or install Py3 on
> Ubuntu, which is a big job and I've no idea how to switch between them.

Some good news, it turned out Ubuntu had both Python versions installed;
you just type python2 or python3 (I don't know how to change the default
'python' version).

And of course the numpy I installed was for Py2, so do it again...

Now I can test it (using that Mandelbrot program). But it didn't make
any difference. I think it was actually faster without using numpy.

So in that example, it was just using it to set up a 2D table. (Maybe it
needs a numpy table to extract the type info for doing further
optimisations, but for my test it wasn't necessary.)

--
Bartc